TENANTS HOLDING DEPOSIT
• G & A LETTINGS OFFER A PERSONAL SPECIALIST SERVICE FOR TENANTS LOOKING FOR FURNISHED AND UNFURNISHED HOMES.
• ALL OUR LEASES ARE FOR A MINIMUM OF SIX MONTHS. AS DEFINED IN THE HOUSING AND UNDER AN ASSURED SHORTHOLD TENANCY. A JOINT TENANCY MUST BE SIGNED BY ALL PARTIES OVER 18 YEARS OLD
• COUNCIL TAX, GAS, ELECTRIC AND WATER BILLS ARE EXCLUSIVE OF RENT, UNLESS STATED.
• VIEWINGS ARE ARRANGED BY APPOINTMENT ONLY AND YOU SHOULD CONTACT THE RESPECTIVE TELEPHONE NUMBERS OR EMAIL ADDRESS RELATING TO THE PROPERTY.
APPLYING FOR PROPERTY AND CHARGES
1. Complete the Tenant Application Form.
2. One form for each applicant over 18yrs is required. . Referencing, credit checks and rent affordability calculations are carried out by Rentguard. Applicants are required to provide 2 forms of id each.
3. To reserve a property, a holding deposit equivalent to 1 weeks rent will be taken from the perspective tenants whilst reference checks and preparation for a tenancy agreement are undertaken. Tenants can lose this holding deposit if they fail to disclose their correct earnings or any adverse information which is later found out through the referencing stage. They can also lose the holding deposit if they pull out of the tenancy without a valid reason.
4. Unless advised otherwise by the tenants and following successful completion of referencing, the holding deposit will be deducted from the first month’s rent. Should a Guarantor be required, a Guarantor Application Form will also be required to be completed
5. Once the applicant is accepted, the first month’s Rent and the dilapidations deposit minus the holding deposit will be payable before the start date of the tenancy.
E.g. RENT = £1000 per calender month
DEPOSIT =£1150 equivalent to 5 weeks rent