Through our Landlords, G & A Lettings endeavour to provide our tenants with a property that’s safe to use and pleasing to live in.
We ensure the property is ready for moving in, clean and tidy prior to a new tenancy start.
We ensure that the property has up to date gas safety certificate.
We ensure that the deposit is registered in accordance to the regulations of the Tenancy Deposit Scheme..
We advise tenants on maintaining the property to a good standard throughout occupation and carry out periodic inspections.
We respond efficiently to maintenance calls from tenants and instruct the appropriate contractor to rectify the breakdown or problem.
We advise tenants on the standard required when vacating the property at the end of a tenancy with a cleaning and gardening schedule.
We currently charge tenants for referencing and other pre tenancy arrangements. They are as follows.
1. Complete the Tenant Application Form. One form for each applicant over 18yrs is required. . Referencing, credit checks and rent affordability calculations are carried out by Rentguard. For the purposes of Right to Rent, applicants are required to provide 2 forms of id each.
2. A Fee of £180 must accompany the first application. A further £90 is required for each additional applicant. Should a guarantor be required, a further application would be required with a fee of £90. Fees cover the cost of the Tenancy Agreement, Admin and the referencing service (The application fee is non-refundable).
3. Once the applicant is accepted, the first month’s Rent and Deposit will be payable before or on the day of the tenancy.
4. On the signing of the contract, a Fee of £25.00 is also required to cover the cost of setting up the Tenants Deposit Scheme. G & A Lettings are members of mydeposits.co.uk.
5. An example of the Rent, Deposit and TDS fees are as follows:
RENT = £1000
DEPOSIT = Rent + £200 = £1200
Or DEPOSIT = 2 x Rent = £2400 (WITH PETS)
TDS = £25